But it is back in Oklahoma and I was food-ready for it.
You know, being ready with delicious, hearty, stick to your bones food.
Especially since R works outside in the cold, he doesn't need my froo-froo quinoa or salmon sliders at the moment.
So if you are looking for a meal to warm you up tonight, check out these 5 favorites of mine!
- Three Bean Chili - I made this the other night & we didn't even realize it was sleeting outside. We were so warm ... and also, oblivious.
- Minestrone Soup - If you are in a hurry, this is a great slow cooker recipe. Just pop the ingredients in and it will be ready when you're home for dinner.
- Chicken Florentine Artichoke Bake - This is another great and easy dish for a busy weeknight. With pasta, chicken, and cheese you can't go wrong.
- Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Soup - Can you tell that I love crock pot recipes? This soup is utterly creamy; it will be near impossible to have leftovers!
- Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Meatballs - This recipe only takes 30 minutes and the meatballs are so juicy and cheesy and delicious. Perfect over some rice or noodles & especially perfect for a warm winter meal.
Let me know if you try any of these or have already tried any of these. What are you favorite cold weather foods?
Stay warm, friends!