Guess who has enough energy to cook AND bake on the weekends?
I am so grateful for a tiny burst of energy during the pregnancy.
And by tiny burst, I mean that there are blueberry muffins on Sunday mornings and sometimes chocolate cupcakes on our cake stand.
Here are my five new favorite recipes from being able to cook and bake again. Hope you enjoy these!
- Seafood Pappardelle - I don't know how you can go wrong with pasta, shrimp, and scallops. I made it a little too spicy because R and his dad can eat very hot food. I was crying from the heat the whole time, but I ate two servings because it is delicious!
- Slow Cooker Sausage, Spinach, & White Bean Soup - You know those days where your best friend is leaving town after a fun weekend and you need an easy meal to make everything better? This recipe is it. Seriously. Just throw some simple ingredients in, cook for 4 hours, and there will be no leftovers!
- Herb Roasted Chicken Thighs and Potatoes - Hubba hubba. This recipe is perfect for a quick fix! The hardest part is putting it together and not trying to eat it all before it is time for dinner. I was seriously embarrassing myself by eating this before our dinner party even started. So good.
- The Best Lemon Bars - If you are needing a dessert that has "fruit" so you can feel "healthy," this is the one for you. Also, if you are needing a lemon bar recipe with icing, you're welcome.
- Chicken Rice Casserole - Have you noticed that the theme of this post is unhealthy food? There was nothing healthy about this recipe, but definitely delicious. And so easy! A great way to use up leftover rice and corn flakes as well.